Featuring some of the most rough and rugged mountain biking in the East Coast, see for yourself what makes Pocahontas County, WV a mountain biking mecca!
1. Hike into the Falls of Hills Creek - with all the rain we had in the month of August, the falls will be spectacular this Labor Day Weekend
2. Learn more about the unique ecosystem at Cranberry Glades Botanical Boardwalk
3. Venture through the geological marvels at Beartown State Park
4. Walk the grounds where both Union & Confederate soldiers fought some of the bloodies battles during the Civil War at Droop Mountain Battlefield State Park
5. Paddleboard, kayak or hike along the Watoga Lake at Watoga State Park
6. Bike along the Greenbrier River Trail State Park
7. Hike along the new & improved Wyatt Nature Trail in the Monongahela National Forest (just a mile South of Stillwell Park outside of Marlinton)
8. Cast a line in Seneca Lake at Seneca State Forest
9. Get your adrenaline pumping while downhill mountain biking at Snowshoe Mountain Resort
10. Learn more about the world's largest steerable telescope by taking a self-guided tour at Green Bank Observatory
11. Explore the historical town of Cass & watch the steam-driven locomotives roll in at Cass Scenic Railroad State Park
12. Wander through the mystical & fairy-like forest at Gaudineer Scenic Area in the Monongahela National Forest
For even more travel inspiration, explore our website for information on area attractions, activities, lodging and dining.