Locust Creek Covered Bridge
R. N. Bruce was contracted in 1870 to build the wooden covered bridge for US$1,250. The Warren Double Intersection truss covered bridge was completed later that year. The span over Locust Creek was 13.5 feet (4.1 m) wide and 114 feet (35 m) long.
In 1888, the original bridge was replaced. In 1904 it was rebuilt again by W. M. Irvine. Interior supports, trusses, side paneling and roof were replaced during the reconstruction. In 1968, the bridge was painted and new oak floor was installed. Temporary supports used during the floor replacement were left in place.
The bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1981
In 1990, the state of West Virginia bypassed the covered bridge with a modern concrete span.
In 2002, the covered bridge was renovated into a pedestrian crossing and the temporary supports were removed.