Jobs & Employment
Do you love Pocahontas County? Do you love adventure in Nature’s Mountain Playground, our pristine rivers, rolling mountains and charming small towns?
Do you dream of moving to Pocahontas County, WV? Tourism is a wonderful industry, with plenty of opportunities in the Pocahontas County area, to build a long-term, fun and lasting career.
Browse our job and employment listing below, and you may just relocate to beautiful Pocahontas County, WV!
POSITION: Pocahontas County CVB, Marketing Specialist
Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Marketing, advertising, public relations, communications or another related field. Must be able to represent the Pocahontas County CVB at the local and state level; Must possess hospitality skills and demonstrate ability to work in a team environment; Public speaking skills required; Strong computer skills, knowledge of budget management and public relations & communication skills preferred. Must have the ability to manage several projects and tasks at one time and meet deadlines. Travel is necessary and individual should be prepared to work evenings, weekends and occasional overtime.
- Marketing: work closely with executive director (ED) and creative agency:
- Review, make recommendations and revise marketing strategy as directed by creative agency, Marketing Committee and ED;
- Work with ED to develop annual marketing/advertising budget;
- Advertising management: develop advertising campaigns based on the overall marketing strategy; implement the annual marketing and advertising plan approved by the marketing committee. Serve as primary contact for advertising sales representatives; act as the CVB buying agent and negotiate media buys with assistance of creative advertising agency; develop incentives; creative management both in-house and in coordination with advertising agency
- Manage West Virginia Department of Tourism Advertising Co-operative: select seasonal WVDT ad co-op buys with input from creative advertising agency; select overall themes for each co-op buy and assist agency in asset selection; responsible for submitting ad assets to WVDT partner portal and communicating with WVDT co-op contacts on ad feedback and support
- Work with social media manager to ensure effective and consistent branding on social channels
- Support material development:
- Video and photo shoots; maintain file of high-resolution photography for all marketing uses; plan shot lists and manage photo/video assets needs list to ensure we’re capturing relevant content for ad campaigns, and collateral; attend all video/photoshoots to assist creative agency and ensure effective content is being collected; schedule yearly seasonal shoots with creative agency
- Coordination of content for the supplemental literature and fulfillment pieces;
- Visitor Guide coordination of copy revision, original writing, design and production in cooperation with ED and creative advertising agency;
- In-house design of small print projects
- Website content management, maintenance and development; ensure maximization of web search engines; produce and evaluate Google reports for website effectiveness and work with advertising agency as necessary to evaluate and develop proposed changes; responsible for content updates, event listings and overall management of website
- Research and analytics analysis: develop and implement survey processes; produce survey results and analyze results and produce key findings summary that will guide future marketing and programmatic development.
- Partner relations: working with lodging partners and other tourism partners on special promotions and partner surveys
- Produce monthly statistical reports for CVB Board of Director meetings
- Public Relations: write and distribute press releases about CVB activities and announcements; develop tourism related features; maintain a current distribution media list
- Brand activation: create new ways to activate the Nature’s Mountain Playground brand through trade shows, participating in local and regional events, and other creative activation outlets
- Complete special projects as assigned by the ED
Other responsibilities: Hospitable guest services; assist with mail as needed; participate in weekly staff meetings; keep ED updated regularly on projects and deadlines; Work with CVB staff to maintain consistent branding and
Applicants should submit a letter and resume to: Attn: CVB Board President, Pocahontas County Convention and Visitors Bureau, PO Box 275, Marlinton, WV 24954 by October 2nd, 2023.
Snowshoe Mountain Resort – multiple openings:
Green Bank Observatory – multiple openings:
Summer is just around the corner and GBO still has a couple of Observatory job opportunities open. Please pass these postings on to your friends and family!
Tour Guide, Part-Time, Seasonal http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/job/ozc4lfwU
Food Handler, Full-time, Seasonal http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/job/oPP0lfwJ
All current postings may be viewed at the GBO website: Green Bank Jobs
Pocahontas County Schools – Multiple Openings
Pocahontas Memorial Hospital – Multiple Openings
Monongahela National Forest – Multiple Openings
(Search for ‘WV’ in search bar to narrow to the Monongahela National Forest)